Discover the intelligence of plantkind to feed and protect humankind.
Mineral, a project at X, the moonshot factory, is developing new tools to help humanity feed the world while saving the planet. And we’re letting nature show us how it’s done.
Our technology sees plants in a whole new light—bringing sustainable agriculture to life around the world
Join us as we reimagine food production by turning a world’s worth of agricultural data into new understanding.
If humanity doesn’t change how we produce food, then by 2050, feeding the population will clear most of the world’s remaining forests and push the earth’s temperature past its 2 degree Celsius warming limit.
Invention with good intention
We're engineering breakthroughs in perception technology, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and an agriculture knowledge engine to constantly lead to new understandings—so our generation can be the one that provides for generations to come.
Organizing the world's agricultural data, to drive sustainability
Revealing the big picture through the tiniest of details
Bringing the world together to feed–and save–the planet
Always reimagining what’s possible to generate new knowledge
Building on generations of knowledge and intuition
Plant insights, planetary impact
- Pursuing a variety of scouting, ground truthing, breeding and crop production trials
- Enabling high-throughput phenotyping integrated with our analytics platform
- Using real-time edge processing and seamless integration across equipment, systems and devices
- Creating plant simulation and data augmentation
Co-creating the future of agriculture
We’re on a mission to bring the agriculture industry together. To solve the world’s toughest challenges. To consistently surface new insights to create actionable understanding. Together, with our partners, we are:
- Increasing the precision, efficiency and effectiveness of agriculture practices, like finding ways to target yield-limiting weeds
- Accelerating crop trials through the automation of field phenotyping and implementation of knowledge from modeling partner data sets to drive a new way of thinking
- Forecasting and understanding the drivers of yield faster, and more precisely
- Providing back-end infrastructure and leveraging expansive datasets to power the next generation of farmer-facing platforms
*Source: The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations